Belilah Novel Aku!!!!

Sunday, May 6, 2007

SONG OF THE WEEK +LEGEND SONG+

This week is different...
Yes, I always pick a new modern song as the song of the week, but this time I pick one of a legendary song, and one of most popular song in the 80's...
Yes... It's Queen, I Want To Break Free..!!!

This single released on 22nd april 1984 (the year than i born)
written by John Deacon (Queen bassist)

song Length
3:20 (Album Version)
4:21 (Single Remix)
7:16 (12" Extended Mix)

Queen - I want to break free

I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied
I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows
I want to break free

I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time
And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love, yeah
God knows, God knows
I've fallen in love

It's strange but it's true
Hey, I can't get over the way you love me like you do
But I have to be sure
When I walk out that door
Oh how I want to be free, baby
Oh how I want to be free
Oh how I want to break free

But life still goes on
I can't get used to living without, living withoutLiving without you by my side
I don't want to live alone, hey
God knows, got to make it on my own
So baby can't you see
I've got to break free

I've got to break free
I want to break free, yeah
I want, I want, I want, I want to break free
Ooh yeahI want to break - yeah eah

There is a controversy on the video. Watch the video if u want to know what i mean..
America ban this video. Read the video trivia bellow the video clip. This is also dropped the popularity of Queen in America. In your opinion, did this video kill Queen in America?




VIDEO TRIVIA

The music video, directed by David Mallet, was a parody of the northern British soap opera Coronation Street. During part of the video, the band members dressed in drag, as mildly similar characters found in the soap at the time. The video also depicted the band in what appeared to be a dark cave in their normal look, and it also features a ballet piece with the Royal Ballet, for which Freddie Mercury shaved off his trademark moustache to portray Nijinsky. The video was initially banned by MTV in the U.S., but the ban was lifted in 1991 when it aired on VH1's My Generation 2-part episodes devoted to Queen hosted by guitarist Brian May. The song received renewed attention when it was used in a media advertising campaign for the soft drink Coca-Cola C2.

SONG TRIVIA

The lyrics seem to contradict each other from verse to verse, as the song begins with the ending of a frustrating relationship, followed by the upbeat celebration of a new love, finishing with the regretable isolation of single life. The ubiquitous desire to "break free" in all such situations indicates that wherever love is involved, contentment is not.

Some think of this track as dedicated to Freddie Mercury's homosexuality. Breaking free meaning he wants to let loose and be who he is.

However, in interviews Mercury denied such rumours, since John Deacon wrote the track and was a straight man.

In 2006, Dewa 19, one of the bestselling Indonesian rock bands covered the song on their album Republik Cinta (Republic of Love)

Queen singers, Freddie Mercury die on 24 November 1991 because of AIDS, 24 hours after he confirmed to the public.

More info on queen, click Link bellow:

History of Queen

About The Single, "I Want To Break Free"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...